Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What to get Mom for Mother's Day...

I've been thinking of things to get my mom for Mother's Day and keep coming up short! I want to get her something that is useful, and a little more environmentally friendly then some flowers that were flown in from warmer climates.

My mom doesn't really need flowers. She'll just end up throwing them into the garbage. She's not much of a composter, but we still love her! I think I want to get her something more useful, and something that will help her pocket book, and keep her healthy.

The perfect gift is (insert drum roll here): a membership to her local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)! This way every week she'll get her fill of fresh and most of all locally grown fruits, veggies, and even fresh cut flowers!

You can find resources to CSA's by visiting: LocalHarvest.Org!

-BK

No comments: